View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 01:05 PM   #3
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Brookville Roadster more valuable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37 Coupe View Post
Over the last 4-5 years I have seen two 1930 Ford Roadsters bring top money,one was crazy money and both had Brookville reproduction bodies. The one I witnessed first hand at an estate auction,beautifull car with a tudor sedan title but a Brookville Roadster body.I was very surprised that the auctioneer did not disclose or even mention this but the car sold for over $30,000 and it was a phone bid. Today and I imagine evn then you could go out and buy the best roadster on the planet and original for that. I know of another one for sale in Ohio with the Brookville body and it is in the twenties. So my question or statement Brookville adds to the value because it is new and never any rust issues? To me I think the other way original is always the best but I see the issues with my '31 roadster body.

Being very truthful with you, I know of several Model-A Roadsters that have sold for WAY more than that $30k amount, and several on the planet could not be purchased for twice that amount. The most notable one would be Marcos.

As far as reproduction bodies are concerned, I doubt the buyer cared as long as the entire package was perceived as a value to him. So often people like to criticize others who place a greater value on something than they do as if to insinuate that person is foolish. Funny how that works.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote