View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 09:34 PM   #11
Daves55Sedan

Default Re: Best Way to Spot Original Wheels at a Swap Meet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod Reverend View Post
Great Info! Dave, I wonder if some of these differences give guys fits when they try to mount original wheel covers or those fancy Tbird wheel covers with the prongs and all. Seems there is enough variance to make a difference and I would think that unless you had two side by side it would be hard to tell the differences from memory.

Actually, no matter which of the three versions of the 15" wheel you have, they will all accept a 15" full wheel cover with no problems.
Since the 1970's I have had all three versions in my hands up close and personal, and have had occasion to take a trip to the junkyard for the purpose of finding a duplicate '55 Wheel. Knowing the differences by sight allowed me the opportunity to be picky and get the original 52/56 Ford wheels rather than settle for something that would work, but not look the same as my other wheels on the car.
The Lord blessed me with an eye for detail and fairly good memory at least up to this point, that I don't need to carry around samples if I need a duplicate of anything. Praise the Lord for that.
Daves55Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote