View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 11:16 PM   #8
Daves55Sedan

Default Re: material for 55/56 Ford station wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNNN View Post
The back floor on my car didn't match the color of the rest of the interior, so I didn't have to match. Tried to find a color that sort of matched what I presume the existing was when new. Kind of reddish like you say. (Actually reddish brown. I think they were trying to approximate the color of wood. I googled later Ranch Wagons and it looks like they were tying to match the color of the interior. They didn't match in '54.)

That is interesting in relation to the policy they used for painting the interior of the Courier wagons in '55. The floor was un-painted 1/2 inch plywood. Most Courier wagons that came off the line that year were painted the standard Mainline series "Medium Coppertone" interior color (which matched the plywood pretty good), and somewhat matched the bare Masonite cargo area wall panels. The dashboard, seat skirts and window interior garnish mouldings were also painted this same color, except mixed with fine metalflake, otherwise, same color. This "Coppertone" color was used for the interior regardless of what the outside color was.
Daves55Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote