View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 03:52 PM   #6
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: O-ring groove in flywheel housing

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford-A-baquet View Post
BRENT in 10-uh-C -- please note attached image, the holes for the six bolts are numbered. The dowel pins are not possible to tighten with a torque wrench. Also in my opinion the paper gasket is the cause of warpy housings.
Ok, I now see where you are coming from on the 6 bolts. The 'warpy housings' actually are caused by the driveline. The rear wheels/tires push the vehicle thru the rear axle housings and along the Torque Tube that pushed the entire vehicle from the connection on the back of the transmission. That pressure from the driveline is what causes the flywheel housing to warp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford-A-baquet View Post
my problem is the engine block which warp at the four lower threads for the bolts. The flywheel housing, which is not original from this car, is very straight. I never thought that this can happen. So the block was processed (honing, modern crank bearing shells, new rods) but without make even the rear flywheel housing flange. Here in germany is not much experience around, regarding As and also with my training as a car mechanic -- I can not know everything.

I will not take the block on the milling machine again. So I thought for a solution and this was the way.
How did you determine those four lower thread bosses were warped? Did you indicate them off of the crankshaft using the flange as the datum??

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote