View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 10:10 PM   #34
VeryTangled

Default Re: September/October V8 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Swoboda View Post
Jeff, you're becoming a big celebrity in the V8 Club. Good work at the museum. I bet you can't wait to read all about the central meet.
Hi Everyone, Seth, I'll let my PR people know they're still doing a good job!

I had a great time for two days in Auburn after the Brainerd deal went down. I really needed to have some V8 time and the Foundation Museum and Josh Conrad and the other the super people who support it were my medicine.

I showed up and the letters were being worked on, and I just grabbed a pair of gloves and jumped on the job. Later in the day Frank Miller showed up and joined in, helping to get two letters erected the first day. The decision to use the '47 COE Tow Truck was critical to getting the job done.

Frank and I roomed together that night and decided to have another go at it the next day. By about two we were done and headed over to the ACD Museum to cap our two days in Auburn. The other fellas, the real supporters of the Foundation (Ron Stauffer, Lynn Ewing, Dave Stonebreaker and Dave Sharp), did a heck of a lot of work, I was just labor doing stuff like working a post-hole drill and mixing cement.

I think I took the photo of the F that was in the magazine (I was standing back waiting for the disaster photo, hoping not to see it, we were winching the letter the last 30 degrees to upright). Josh and I were both taking shots. I sent him a disc of photos, and I think he used one of mine. That's cool to get published again in the V8 Times.

All in all I was helping others and making myself better at the same time!

It is another fabulous issue with tons of great information. Personally I could have done without the bunny whacking photo, but that's a part of our heritage too!

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?

Last edited by VeryTangled; 10-14-2015 at 10:17 PM.
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote