View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 01:54 PM   #20
Papa's CCPU

Default Re: '29 CCPU seat shopping - what do I need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Wilson View Post
If you want to have original Ford looking seats (i.e. stock), then LeBaron Bonney covered seats are not the way to go. They are not close to being correct unless they have changed in the last couple of years. They don't look at all like the originals shown in the above #5 post photo. If you just want to have seats that work, then use them.

Vendors sell the springs which are close to original. You will likely need these since finding usable original springs are just about impossible.

Page E62 of the RGJS has some info/pictures covering upholstery and backrest retainer hardware.

I have a folder of pictures/information regarding 82-A closed cab seats I will share. Email me your request to [email protected]

The attached picture shows the seat support wood.

Neil, I have contacted you in the past regarding my 82-A cab....I am now getting things going and this thread thankfully stopped me in my tracks before ordering seat cover materials.....
Would you consider as Tom mentioned in post #13 that Classtique makes a closer to original set of covers????

Have contacted them but they have no images available showing there finished product...

Any help appreciated

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by Papa's CCPU; 05-15-2018 at 08:26 PM.
Papa's CCPU is offline   Reply With Quote