View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 12:35 PM   #38
JSeery
Member Emeritus

Default Re: PCV VALVE SYSTEM for 8BA with Early Intake Manifold

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucar View Post
Reviewing the original question; Early intake manifold on a 8BA type of engine and the accompanying pix shows the PCV system plumbed into the rear oil fill/breather tube, no front fill/breather tube. If the copper tube running through the valve lifter chamber is the intended source of air flow from the lower crankcase, I doubt if that pipe would have the capacity to ventilate the engine.
Some Early Ford V8 pans have a 'draft' vent located in the front left of the pan. This vent must be closed off if a PCV system is installed on the engine.
Some people maintain that a closed crankcase system, PCV, won't work on a EFV8 engine because the rear main is not sealed, thereby the PCV will draw contaminates through the flywheel/clutch area and into the crankcase/engine.
I am getting ready to take the engine out of my '36, so that I can take it down to H & H to have the engine freshened up. It has not been touched since it's last rebuild in 1960. It is my intention to drill/thread a hole in the front portion of the Offy Super intake for a Ford 292 PCV which will plumbed into the vacuum port to the rear of the second carb.
I'm not following this at all. No PCV system is going to vent more air than the size of the PCV valve and the connected tubing. Want difference would it make if the tubing is routed on top of the manifold or under the manifold?
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote