View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 07:23 PM   #70
dumb person

Default Re: How To Lower The Model A The Old Fashion Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott F. View Post
Great thread. I am in the planning and parts collecting stages of doing a 20-25 T roadster on an A chassis and plan to lower this way but have a question about my combo. I plan to use the A wishbone with a 32-36 axle, 32-34 perches, 32-34 spindles, 1932 brakes. I have a couple sets of 32 actuators and just bought 32-34 king pin set. Can this work together? Basically I thought I could hook onto the 32 actuators with the A rods since everything ahead of the rod is 32-34 I figured it will work together but wanted to check. Thanks fellas. PS, hoping to find a decent B motor to mount in front of my 32 trans with Zephyr gears.
Thanks,
Scott
i suspect so, but i'm not 100% sure. As far as i know (because i was researching the same thing about 18 months ago) that can be made to work but you might need spacer washers in the wishbone-axle area. But i could be thinking that was for an earlier axle altogether...

"I'm Convinced that no one really reads posts anymore; they just fabricate what they think the post says then ramble on about red herrings."--Bob
Outcasts rules of old cars
#1 Fun is imperative, mainstream is overrated
#2 If they think it is impossible, prove them wrong
#3 If the science says it impossible you are not being creative enough.
#4 No shame in recreating something you never had
#5 If it were not for the law & physics you would be unstoppable
dumb person is offline   Reply With Quote