View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 01:54 PM   #22
dmsfrr

Default Re: Power steering pump alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ View Post
The 55/57 BIRD 3652 and 3C511 (see ILL) are dedicated BIRD.
Where did you find your brackets and how did you know they were BIRD?
The first thing I did was look at a neighbors 'survivor' '57 Bird with power steering, then started looked closer at other club members T-Birds.
The B5SZ-3C511 bracket for '55/'57 T-Birds has a wider flat top as part of the casting. The others only have a narrow ridge. The Bird part is also shorter, left to right, than the 'car' versions, approx 6 inches long vs. almost 8 inches. And the 2 bolt holes on the 'car' cast piece to attach the PS 'flat plate bracket' are also lower and at a different angle.

I found the two T-Bird brackets (B5SZ-3C511 & 3652) on ebay, from a seller not charging 'an arm and a leg'. I look for parts from sellers who don't know the parts fit a T-Bird and aren't marked up.

The (3652) perpendicular steadying bracket back to the front exhaust manifold bolt was on the car when I got it, but it didn't fit because a previous owner had 'modified' it to line up with the incorrect 3C511 bracket on the car that bolts to the water pump.

The flat plate the PS pump bolts onto may or may not be the same for Birds or 'cars' I don't know. When the one I had fit and lined up I stopped worrying about it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bird PS cast bracket, back side.jpg (50.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg pwr steering cast bracket.jpg (69.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg PS 2.jpg (98.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg PS bracket, fs.jpg (75.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg PS pump flat plate, copy.jpg (70.4 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by dmsfrr; 04-26-2021 at 02:32 PM.
dmsfrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)