View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 02:37 PM   #7
tubman

Default Re: Ford 94 equalizer valve

You have got to be careful with Holley economizer (power) valves. Although the later valves for 4BBL's will physically screw into a 94 body, as 38V8 says, the mounting surfaces are different and they can leak. As he says, you can machine them to fit, or get the proper ones. Also be careful of using two gaskets there is very little clearance between the base and the opening on the power valve. I had a 94 with an odd power valve that wouldn't run right even after a rebuild. I finally found that the power valve was too "thick" (high), and the opening pressed on the base when the carb was assembled, essentially shutting off the vacuum source for the valve. I found this when I set the body (with power valve) on the base without a gasket and the body actually rocked on the base. These days, when I rebuild a 94, I leave the top off and put a little gas in the float bowl and leave it overnight to make sure it doesn't leak. I have had more power valve problems with these carbs than all other areas put together.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote