View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 06:10 PM   #345
GB SISSON

Default Re: Truck based woody

Now that my engine is completed I have turned my attention to removing the front clip for access to all things mechanical up there. It will be brakes, front end and suspension (I have been stockpiling those parts) and engine/tranny and wiring etc. I have had some pretty nice 1/2 ton front fenders stashed in my shed on the lower property. Yesterday I went down and carried them up to the shop and sanded down a couple layers of paint to see what I had. They both look quite good but both have some damage just where they leave the running board. They came from the dry side of this state, East of the Cascades so the joint between fenders and running boards is far better than we see on this side. I guess for a while I will be spending a bit of time welding in some pieces, but all in all they checked out well. I have a better grill shell with the headlight mounts to go with them. The front metal on the existing vehicle is pretty horrible with the exception of the cowl. I have limited skills as a body man so I might be asking some questions as I go. The right side fender looks like a bunch of filler but it is just light blue and white paint.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fenders for woodie 041.jpg (66.5 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg fenders for woodie 035.jpg (75.8 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg fenders for woodie 006.jpg (87.1 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg fenders for woodie 038.jpg (82.6 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg fenders for woodie 022.jpg (45.0 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg fenders for woodie 050.jpg (69.6 KB, 86 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote