View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 05:27 PM   #113
Kube

Default Re: Rare '40 convertible restoration project

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfla View Post
Kube
You remind me of my neighbor, He was a GS-14 machinist at the local Navel Refit Facility....he was having a garage/shop built at his house and it was driving him nuts from the foundation to the framers to the trim carpenter how "cavalier" they were being a 1/16th to 1/8 off!!!! Nuts I tell you, drove him nuts!!!! My other buddy who is a "professional" model builder (or at least that's what I call him, he actually does it for fun) he has spent 100 hours on a paint job on a 1/24th model. My best friend said he can "pick fly crap outta pepper".......I showed him your work and He said to tell you the first step to recovery is recognition!!! He loved your work by the way....I will have to post a few of his models he builds, like your work...phenomenal!!!!!
Every time I start to believe I am truly crazy, I hear about a guy like your best friend and think "now that guy is crazy"!
As long as there are guys spending a 100 hours on a 1/24th model kit paint job, "I'm okay".

When I built my last home, I was a lot of "hands on" and like your neighbor, I was insistent that the house be "true". Let me tell ya, it was...

In all seriousness, this retentiveness is not what some might think is such a good thing. The drive to perfection has an impossible arrival point. There simply is no such thing as "perfection". Still, I'll keep chasing it

Thanks for your kind words!