View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 11:35 AM   #15
Kraton

Default Re: Model B front end question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
Dick,

If you do not have the requisite twelve part numbers, I can furnish them to you. (Going from memory, there are only one or two drawings involved as there wasn't a drawing for each individual leaf; it is a chart with all of the relevant dimensions for each leaf listed).
Thank you, David.

I think I understand what you mean by one drawing. I have once seen a drawing of a model A front spring. Almost the same as the model B but not exactly if I understand correctly.

I am now looking at the chassis parts green book. I am not sure I understand the parts numbers correctly. There is the part number B-5310-B for the spring assy of a 1932 but it says it is for a 10 leaf spring so that would be a very early spring if I understand your book correctly and not correct for a later model. The green book shows it was replaced by number 40-5310-C and that is for a 12 leaf spring.
The 40-5310-C however has square end leaves while a 1932 should have tapers.

You mentioned in a different post that most likely only the newest engineering drawing is available so that means I better use 40-5310-C.

Can I use this kind of part number to order drawings or do I have to use every individual number from the front spring leaf chart?

When ordering the spring fabrication I suppose I can specify a taper on my own accord? I have one leaf in my current spring pack that has tapered ends so I know the measurements.

Am I correct?

Greetings, Dick
Kraton is offline   Reply With Quote