View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 12:27 PM   #50
Terry, NJ

Default Re: Yard sale "A" project

Thanks! I'm flattered! Really, it is flattering when some one says you're an inspiration! Ohhh Kay, 5 MIGs huh? You're halfway there, MIG ? TIG , it's your preference. The curved and angled cuts/surfaces are not hard when you know that they were intentional. I have my 'Road side saw" which I have done some pretty damn good work on. When I found along the side of the road it did not have a Rip fence so I had to improvise. Getting it parallel to the blade is the most difficult thing do and must set it up with a a vernier and a chunk of lead known by it's technical term as a "wonker". Now and then I've had to shim parts as I shaped them in the saw. I have some of the wooden parts which I would be happy to give to someone for patterns. I saved what I could. It's better when you take your own trees (Ash) because you can get the grain patterns out of areas where branches come off the trunk and the grain follows the curve around the bend. I'm thinking of the two curved "struts" (?) that are part of the body wood that form the rounded corners at the rear. You can't get them out of cut planks! There's more I want to say but I'd be here the rest of the day. I just wanted to give you some thing to think about!
Good Luck and if I can help you, let me know!
Terry
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote