View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 07:53 PM   #80
Fe26

Default Re: 1935-36 pickup restoration book

Quote:
Originally Posted by John R View Post
Fe26 has made some very astute observations. The BOD simply did not deal with this matter in an ethical and business-like manner. More important, this episode has revealed several existential issues that must be addressed: the basic nature and purpose of the club (profit-making vs. non-profit), adherence to IRS requirements, and lack of financial disclosure to members. This calls for action by all EFV8 club members.
John

Thank you John,
I notice that Mr Cox has opened another thread on this topic. Some of the comments on the new thread have been intemperate. This will not advance the cause (which is to get the board of the EV8CoA to reconsider this most worthy project).

As I have previously said; enough information and queries have been gathered and gleaned from this discussion for a formal letter to be written to the BOD, regarding this project. Sufficient comment has been made, both on Fordbarn and the EFV8C site, to give weight to any arguments that can be made to the club for this project to be reinstated.

John, I support your point that some fundemental and structural issues seem to exist within the club. The next AGM should be interesting.

I now urge Messers Grayson and Cox to write the letter. In doing so a formal dialogue is opened, you are then able to properly mention your concerns, and put forward reasons and arguments why publication should continue. This is an important first step. Enough discussion has been had on the various forums, and I would suggest enough comments have been made for the BOD to now be aware of our concerns. They are not required to respond to opinions on forums, however they must respond to a formal letter.

I am a member of a regional group, and so have some legitimate standing. If I can be of any assistance in drafting some opinions and points for argument and discussion, I would be happy to do so. I'm sure many others here who have letter writing skills would be pleased to join me in this endeavour.

I believe the club is wrong to not publish the 35-36 Pickup book. To not put your case for reinstatement denies the members of the EFV8C, the opportunity to purchase a club sanctioned book. This is not a glib argument, in sanctioning the book, the book becomes an official club document, with a weight of reputation that cannot be matched. Also, the cost of the book sold through the club, would I suggest be lower than through private enterprise.

Lastly, to Mr Cox and Mr Grayson, you have been poorly treated and are entitled to feel resentful at that treatment. However I again urge you to take a professional attitude to this situation. If you do take a professional attitude, the BOD may see the error in judgement for what it is, an error, errors can be corrected. But first a calm, logical, polite and professional (yet firm) tone needs to be put into words. How else can the club respond if they have not been formally advised. In conveying our concerns to the club, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. And we, the 1935 and 1936 Pickup Truck owners, have everything to gain.

Last edited by Fe26; 12-08-2011 at 02:46 AM.
Fe26 is offline   Reply With Quote