View Single Post
Old 03-13-2021, 08:09 AM   #19
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: Inner Tubes for Radials?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55blacktie View Post
Tubeless tires and tubes don't mix, and I don't care how many people are running tubes with tubeless tires. Do your research; listen to the professionals, not the know-it-all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Actually...it was my local [professional] tire dealer who recommended the tractor inner tubes!
I have a set of Coker 600x16 Classic WW radials and also a set of Diamondback radials, 750x16 rears (Yokohama's), & 550x16 fronts (Michelin's). Both sets use tubes made specifically for radial tires and have been mounted on '35 Ford wire wheels that are powder coated. Both sets of tires have been on my cars for about 10 years and both sets have gone many miles including two cross-country trips. Knock on wood.... I've never had any problems with either set. At the time I bought these tires, both companies suggested using the correct type tubes, and the local tire company who mounted them also recommend using radial type tubes that I purchased from a local Ag (tractor dealer) along with the plastic valve stem spacers/grommets.
I'm now guessing by one post I've quoted here these professionals were "know it all's"
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg attachment-6.jpeg (78.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpeg attachment-4.jpeg (79.5 KB, 23 views)

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 03-13-2021 at 10:19 AM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote