View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 01:15 PM   #8
Jason M.

Default Re: Best flathead books

I have spent A LOT of time with these 4 books. I do not have a favorite as each one fills a very specific need for me.

Ron Holleran A great piece, easy to read and from a reputable source, very logically written from a first hand perspective.

George McNicoll A bit exotic for my blood but the 59A build chronicled in the book is very specific and detail oriented, almost more of a manual than a book. The 59A section alone is well worth the cost of the book. A little bonus for me is it's a local book.

Roger Huntington A GREAT book and one of my favorites with all it's pictures, diagrams and very relevant old school tricks. In particular I really enjoy Chapter 7, THE INDUCTION SYSTEM and just keep re-reading it.

Jerry Hagens A very inspiring little book and an easy one to read cover to cover when you have 1/2 hr to spare. Nothing new here but it was written when the Flathead was almost obsolete and it's great to read about about all the "obsolete" parts in the 80's that are only a phone call away now 30 years later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.JPG (106.8 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2-1.jpg (32.3 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg photo 3.jpg (45.7 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg photo 4.jpg (43.1 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg photo 5.jpg (37.5 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by Jason M.; 01-09-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Jason M. is offline   Reply With Quote