View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 08:01 AM   #4
flatheadmurre

Default Re: Looking for a new job-maybe...

The major problem is that most doing it is downsizing and semiretired...so not exactly hiring.
And only way for most buisnesses is if a young guy gets 5+ years of aprenticeship and some kind of leasing deal to buy it out.
Young skilled people donīt have a ton of money...the people with a stack of money canīt see any fast gain in buying and lack skils...
So in reality we will probably see operations auctioned off and spread by the wind..
I have 2 good friends back in MN that have ask me to move there every visit...each with a fully running engine rebuilding operation...telling me building with inventory and their workmanship as long as they manage is for sale at bargain price....they struggle on just to not let the customers hanging with nowhere to go...and no one around seems interested in taking over.
Iīm pretty sure most of the people specialized in stuff would love to have a young person around training them but with all rules and regulations today itīs difficult.
And if they should pay them they have to turn up the pace...and not sure the demand is that high.
flatheadmurre is offline   Reply With Quote