View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 07:10 PM   #9
Baypac

Default Re: Temperature Rises after shutdown

I flushed the cooling system with an oxalic acid flush, water was bright green on draining. A fair amount of sludge also came out. Used the sodium bicarbonate neutralizer and drained again. Water was black with a fair amount of sludge. Flushed the radiator.

Filled the system with water and took a test drive. Now it wants to boil over after 15 minutes at 45 mph. Parked and let it cool and could hear the water boiling in the engine. Started to drive home, it heated up immediately to boiling. At a stoplight, it backfired a few times when I started up then nearly died. I pulled into a parking lot and let it cool. Rough check on the timing indicated it might be a little slow but but within adjustment of the spark lever.

Drove it home slowly, still at 212 degrees on the guage and boiling in the engine when I pulled it up to the garage.

The exhaust manifold is pretty hot, and I am thinking that the condenser might be a problem because of the heat. After it cooled, I checked the spark from the coil. Nice strong spark with a little yellow but mostly blue. It will jump 3/4".

Any thoughts....
Baypac is offline   Reply With Quote