View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #16
Lawson Cox

Default Re: retrieve a washer dropped in the gearbox..cant believe i did it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37coop View Post
hi guys ,the title says it all , iswitched working on my 51 f1 to do a bit on my 39 coupe,i took the lid off the gearbox which is fully installed in the car to put the gear lever in ,I picked up one of the lid bolts and the washer slipped off the bolt into the hole,after 40 years of playing with cars and bikes I cant believe I would make such an error (I,m sure I,m not the first)I have fished around inside the box with a small powerfull magnet on a rod with no luck,i cant see it resting among the cogs ,I obviously cant leave it there ...any ideas ?....cheers ,jim.
I just went through taking the intake manifold off of my 35 PU because I thought I had dropped a washer down the throat of the intake. I didn't feel very strongly that I HAD dropped it, but didn't want to take the chance. I HADN'T DROPPED IT DOWN THE INTAKE. Found it under the truck AFTER I went through all that.

It is better to be seen, than viewed.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote