View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #11
Steve/IL

Default Re: 2013 Florida “Barner’s Bash” Plans

Vic, Any chance of scheduling the 2013 Florida Barner's Bash in mid to late February?? We'll be in Florida until March 2. Bringing our 42 Ford Woodie down from Illinois. Really like the idea doing the Barner's Bash in southwest Florida! I believe quite a few of us snowbirds are heading home by early March?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Piano View Post
2013 Florida “Barner’s Bash” Plans

For the 2013 Florida “Barner’s Bash” we’re thinking about taking things a little further south of Tampa. Here are a few examples of things we’d like to do; there is an Antique Automobile Museum in Sarasota (approximately 100 miles south of Tampa) also, for the ladies, St. Armands Circle in Sarasota provides excellent shopping as well as a bunch of restaurants to choose from. I’ll start checking hotels in the area for availability and see if I can get a discount rate.

Steve (Steve46) has made initial contact with the Ruskin Drive-In and they are receptive to having a “car show”, reserving a row(s) for us on either Friday or Saturday night.

In Ft. Myers (a little further south) there is the Henry Ford winter retreat across the street from Thomas Edison’s home. Both are museums and would make an interesting stop.

We are thinking about having the “Bash” in early to mid March, but before we firm up any dates, I'd appreciate some input from those of you that would like to attend to enable us to accommodate the maximum number of “Barner’s”. We're looking forward to another Florida "Barner's Bash"