Thread: Model A CRASH??
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 04:04 PM   #117
hardtimes

Default Re: Model A CRASH??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber31 View Post
Hardtimes - it sure does feel like a boat sometimes, trying to make big wide turns.

I also was upset about that old vs new chevy wreck. First, It was so upsetting to see such a great survivor be trashed and with it being an iconic chevy to boot. Then to not do the test 100% apples to apples by removing all the guts of the engine bay was just wrong. What a waste. I bet if they had told the previous owner of that Impala what they had planned to do to it, he would of never sold it to them.
Hey Barber,
Well, as to the OP question...how Model As faired in colisions, IMO and with reviewing auto damage...even back when Model As were crashing into Model As...not good at all. I really do not drive the Model A as much as I would like to..due to a number of reasons, the prevailing reason being subject of this thread..namely safety when crashing in an A.

Here's how the 'deck' is stacked, in my view, as to this question. I'm in an 80 year old car without top, without airbags, with no safety glass, with mechanical brakes, without ability to keep up with jack rabbit starts/stops of modern traffic, without seatbelts and with gas tank above my lap, oh and with very skinny tires and thin metal bumpers...no problem, cause I practice super defensive driving ! Most of time ..locally..I'm in with bumper/bumper with modern iron weighing 2/3 times my Model A, with idiot proof modern brakes, with 4/6/8 and more cyls, producing HUNDREDS of hp, with crash specific designed glass, with unitized computer designed body, with specific crumple crash areas, with airbags in steering wheel and other crash tested areas of body, with bulletproof huge tires, with drivers doing blazing speeds...looking down at their laps where they are hiding their electronic device...because it's illegal to use while driving , where tail gating is evidently known as illegal and dangerous !! When considering all this, and more, I really do not think there is any problem or chance of being squished like a freaken alum pop can...do you

As to the 'old vs new' skewed / cheat car test, this bring to mind a valid saying....figures don't lie, but liars figure. It does no good to get upset at such behavior. It just proves another saying ... question everything.
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote