Thread: Reliability
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 05:12 PM   #16
Bill G

Default Re: Reliability

After 90 years, I would say that is reliable all in and of itself. Other than that, I suppose it depends on whether you live in a place where your daily driving is going to be confined to regular city and neighborhood streets or freeway or some combination of the two. If you want to enjoy the car as a stock Model A, then I wouldn't drive it like a modern car unless you want to turn it into a modern car that happens to look like a Model A on the outside.

Remember the Model A engines don't last like new cars and they have to be constantly lubed and oil changed if stock.

If you *ARE* going to drive it daily, I think you should put seat belts in it, especially if you have family. A turn signal would not hurt either. Make sure lights and brakes are in the best working order you can muster.

Stock points ignition is pretty damned reliable as is the stock carburetor. I think a generator versus alternator is just as reliable as the other, but whether you go to an alternator might have to do with what kind of headlights you run and the ability for the generator to keep up in the case of Halogen lamps.
Bill G is offline   Reply With Quote