View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 09:04 PM   #12
Chevmn56

Default Re: Timing Gear Cover

Well I finally took the timing cover off, it does not look like a model A cover. The timing hole is in a elongated hub and the timing hole is at the top of the hub, when I lay the new/old timing cover from Berts on the mystery cover the timing marks do not line up at all....nowhere near each other. And the hub for the generator is obviously smaller (See Pics). Since I have the timing cover off I thought I would check the timing marks on the cam and crank gear and make sure they line up.
Welllllll !!!!! the cam gear has the dimple in it but, for the life of me i cannot find the dimple on the crank gear there is one tooth that has 2 small center punch marks in it, but it never lines up with the dimple in the cam gear (I rotated the engine over I bet 6 times) and yes it ran before see video(video is to big and wont load sorry). In all of my readings, in the Red book by Les and the service bulletins and judging standards......it’s all running together now, I thought I read somewhere that the crank timing mark should be the first tooth to the right of the key way?????? Is this correct???????? If so then the marks are good. The crank gear has some sort of lipped washer or something on the face of it so I cannot see anything that may be on the face of it.

Thanks again for all your help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171208_080113.jpg (84.3 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg 20171208_080118.jpg (76.9 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg 20171208_080138.jpg (63.2 KB, 97 views)
Chevmn56 is offline   Reply With Quote