View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 06:44 PM   #12
Karl

Default Re: Bratton's & Covid-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by burner31 View Post
Bratton’s is considered an essential business
Being stuck home for days on end...I would hope they are considered "essential".
What else is there to do but play in the garage.
I just put in a large order (Thursday) and they said it will be here Monday,
Bratton's is A-number one essential to me.
Yep I feel your pain However I'm happy to continue feeling in the long term if i can as well .

We know the virus can live on some materials for 72 hours or more.
The question I guess you have to ask is Is the person who packed your package virus free (could be asymptomatic but still infectious ) ? How many people are going to handle your package on its journey from Brattons to your front door? Are they virus free ? Did they wear gloves ? Did the truck that drove your order transfer the virus further a field ? etc etc Is playing in garage worth taking the risk ? . I guess its a personal choice. Lets face it we take a risk driving our old cars in modern traffic -We assess that and accept it . What is your virus risk? - probably low but certainly not zero.

If Brattons had been closed down (as it would have been on my country) it would have been inconvenient but apart from the financial loss to Brattons (and that is a real issue) what harm would have been suffered.

I'm not sure that my countries or your approach is right or wrong -there is going to be lots of economic hurt here though . One day hopefully we can resume this conversation Compare death rates and decide who was right -But unfortunately we have to decide today what to do.

Stay safe

Karl