View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 04:05 PM   #42
tubman

Default Re: Need for early condensers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34fordy View Post
Does this mean you are looking for a supplier of an appropriate capacitor that will fit into your "Trash Can"? Or is it that the materials to build the mid .30's capacitor are not available?
A capacitor with the values I would like to have do not fit in my "trash can" case, much less a case that would fit into a '33-'36 distributor/coil (or a '37-'41 for that matter).

As to "materials to build the mid .30's capacitor", it is impractical (and probably impossible) to make a better capacitor than is commercially available. I definitely would not attempt it.

It is interesting that several have speculated about how "Skip" may or may not do his coils. It is informative that even the most knowledgeable among us use the terms "imagine" and "unless he changed" when referencing his work. I have never considered what "Bubba" suggests, but now that he has, it makes perfect sense. It would be interesting to know. I would expect he has a much better insight on this that the rest of us.

Anyway, until one of my condensers fail or someone complains about excessive pitting on their points after X,000 miles, I'm gonna "keep on keepin' on".

Last edited by tubman; 03-29-2020 at 04:14 PM.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)