View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 11:13 AM   #2
35fordtn

Default Re: Need for early condensers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubman View Post
I have been working off and on with "Karl" in New Zealand on a replacement condenser for his 1934 Ford. As we all know, he has gotten extremely busy lately, and I don't want to interrupt him or his very important work. (Dealing with the problem of sending parts around the world didn't help either.) I am already working with a member here on a '37-'41 replacement, so this mainly concerns the '32-'36 version.

With the experience my partner and I have gotten with our "trash can" condensers, we figure we can come up with an extremely reliable replacement if the demand is there. I would like to get feedback on several things from the members of the board. First, is there a need for good quality replacement condensers for these cars? Second, at the quantities we produce, we have to get about $50 to justify the labor involved; is this a reasonable price point? Third, when we get into this, it would be nice to have someone close to Minnesota (or at least in the U.S.) to field test these. Lastly, I wonder if someone has a scrap '32-'36 coil they would be able to donate so that we can test for proper fitment. I am an 8BA guy and my partner is not an old car guy, so we are kind of flying blind at this point. A mock-up sure would help.

Thanks in advance for hearing me out. It will be interesting get your responses.
I'd gladly donate a coil.. I have a solution for the 32-36 condenser for the last few months that has been serving me well. The 37-41's are of no issue for me to get. However I'd gladly buy yours if you come up with a solution for the 32-36's

What I have been doing for the 32-36's is taking our reproduction Model A condenser (made by standard and high quality), removing the bracket and soldering on a bracket from a original 32-36 condenser
35fordtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)