View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 02:37 PM   #12
JayJay

Default Re: Coronavirus vs "A" Drive

Well, here in the SF Bay Area we're under a "shelter in place" order from the county health departments. Work from home is OK, only stores open are "essential" (e.g., grocery, pharmacy, restaurants for take-away only, etc.) Folks who can't work from home are hurting. People are out walking and jogging, but very little driving. And I suspect that driving a Model A might be sheriff bait since the only driving is supposed to be for "essential" activities. So I've taken this opportunity to catch up on a bit of delayed work, but put off driving about until the SIP order expires. Which will be April 7 unless it gets extended.

The virus is real, folks. It's only a matter of time until what we, Seattle and upstate New York are experiencing gets to you. And the only way we can slow down the spread is by keeping away from each other, and the SIP order is designed to do just that. Granted, a solo drive in your A isn't doing much to spread the virus, but I''d rather not have to explain to that friendly gendarme why I'm doing so.

Keep healthy.

JayJay
JayJay is online now   Reply With Quote