View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 11:50 PM   #9
Karl

Default Re: chickasha canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Miller View Post
I'm going about my business best I can. They just shut down all construction in Boston. The arguments over this is worse than an oil debate. I may sound crass but I believe this thing needs to run its course like every other virus. The decisions being made are ruining the livlihood of a lot of people and they may never recover from it.
The problem is Frank that letting it run its course is going to overwhelm every countries health services and a lot of people are going to die needlessly . The measures taken may just spread the time line and allow the medical system to cope.
The American Hospital Association have predicted 96 million US cases. At a death rate of even 2% that's almost 2 million deaths!! Bear in mind the death rate its pushing 7% in Spain and 4% most other places. Also almost all these deaths will be in our age group.

Yes the decisions made are tough . Yes people are suffering and will suffer more . Yes people will loose their livelyhood . However you livelyhood is no good without your life. You are much more likely to recover from lost livelyhood than recover from death. Who reading this wants to be one of the 2 million (or more) ? Please look after yourself and your loved ones

Ryan may ban me for this post - . However this is not an oil debate it is a life and death matter - if one person reads this and saves themselves and others I will gladly accept any punishment-Much as I love Fordbarn and talking to you guys.

In any case this will be my last post for a while - Unfortunately I'm going to be pretty busy for the foreseeable future trying to deal with people with this thing-I really hope to be able to get back to you all at some point in the future!!

Karl