View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 12:23 PM   #738
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Why I named my Motor Cars.

I see in this forum MHSPrecher has a coupe painted what I believe is the original “desert sands light” colour, the same as my Tourer I call “Olive”. This naming of vehicles started some time ago and here's the story behind it.
I owned 5 trucks, all used to load aeroplanes with either seed, fertilizer or liquid pesticide. To keep track of fuel used and expences incurred on each they were numbered. This wasn’t successful because we just couldn’t remember the number of each unless we stood next to it when we recorded the relevant information. So I gave them each a name. In this case always after the previous owner or work they did before I converted them to my special needs. There was Scrooge, Freddy, Spuds, Wharfie and Wahine, pronounced wa hee nee. My first Model A, as I said was painted light desert sand, and became known as “Olive” because of it's similar colour. My second, a 30’s roadster coupe got known as “Old Chocolate” also because of it’s colour. And my ute “woofa express” in honour of my courageous little dog. It was his car and he was always under my feet if I approached this vehicle.

In addition I also found it easy and simple to name airstrips. For example there is “Daisy Plains”, “Red Hill” and “Bluebell Hill” to name just three. I also put names on people. Almost entirely complementary. Almost means almost. Some have escaped a handle.
Do you have names for your Model A’s?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MODEL As TO RUTHERGLEN .jpg (73.0 KB, 13 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 09-24-2019 at 07:07 PM.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote