View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 06:04 PM   #9
roll of the dices

Default Re: 1930-31 Convertible top patterns needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Well, there is no such thing as "a pattern" for this. To begin with, I don't have any of the prints for a 40B Standard, but I bet there are 15 or more prints for each of the components that make up the 40B DeLuxe top assembly by the time you include all the different pieces.

The prints are available thru the Benson Ford Research Center in Dearborn Michigan during normal circumstances however the lady over the library has stated they will be closed at least until July, and will be evaluating the opening date at that time, so you are not going to be able to order until they reopen..

Brent,

Thank you for the info...I had no idea such place existed. Pretty cool!
I realized I have the Deluxe top irons, so I will need the patterns for a deluxe model top instead.
I am planning on stitching my own top. It doesn't have to be exact, but I am hoping to get it as close as possible to one.
I am mostly interested on the header piece...I haven't been able to understand how it wraps on the header, from the video and few pictures I have found.
I am also interested on the side pads, just understanding how they fit within the top material....there rest I might be able to scale it and make look ok.

Thank you again for the info, I appreciate it.