View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 03:42 AM   #1
7_Zero

Default Which service brake cross shaft bushing?

I am curious as to which brake cross shaft bushings the majority of you are running, original style with woven insert, solid bronze, split 2 piece bronze, or nylon?

I was originally going to use the woven insert type as it kept the flexibility of the brake system as it was designed and eliminated dirt attracting grease. However after reading some articles and talking with club members and vendors, they say that the woven style do not last nearly as long as the bronze.

With the bronze bushings they need to be greased, but by adding the grease fittings it eliminates the flexibility of the brake system to move with the chassis. Looking at the various suppliers, I can only find one vendor that sells bushings and a rebuilt cross shaft with grease fittings, all the rest provide no way of applying grease. Are these bronze bushings actually being run dry? Or is it a grease once and hope that it lasts the life of the car?

I like the concept of the original bushings but I plan on driving my car a lot and would prefer to not have to keep rebuilding the cross shaft.

Thanks
7_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote