View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 05:49 PM   #5
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: advertising to sell, but doesn't seem to want to sell????

Then, there's the opposite sort of goofball. I had a guy (a registered 'Barn member since 2010, but with only 5 posts to his name) send me a PM out of the blue wanting to know if I had any interest in selling a Weiand 2X2 hi-rise manifold which I had made mention of on the forum several years back. Supposedly, it was to go on a friend's '36 Cabriolet I believe. After quite a few PMs back and forth, me e-mailing him a bunch of pics, and him enthusiastically agreeing to my price, we finally arrived at the time that he (they) were to put a pre-agreed upon $1,000 US Postal M/O plus a personal check for $150 (another $100 for the remainder of the manifold plus $50 for shipping). Then he wants to know if I'll take a company check from his friend's business for the full amount. I politely answered "No", because I made it very clear initially that we were going to go the PO money order route for the first grand, and that I'd trust a personal check for the rest. Well, suffice it to say that the deadbeat never did reply for over a week. I finally e-mailed him back that "we were done" with this transaction! Any of you folks that have paid attention to anything that I have ever written should know that I'm pretty concise when I explain my version of a process or procedure...my payment expectations were made clear early-on. I've been a "buyer" in this hobby for years but NEVER a seller. I'd have a hard time putting-up with a bunch of these schizoidal, moronic-losers with pen-pal tendencies on a regular basis. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote