View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 09:02 PM   #28
Brad1929

Default Re: Yard sale "A" project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
I completely agree !

You have at least $500.00 in parts in the doors, rear fenders, hood, radiator shell, and frame. Before spending a lot of money on parts for this project, you may want to consult with Brent Terry Restorations about assembling and fitting the wood kits that will be required to restore this. Brent has installed many wood components for Model A’s. He would be a great person to provide a little insight into the details of restoring this car.

While anything can be restored, I personally would never start a restoration on a project like this. Many parts are missing besides the cowl. Door garnish moldings, front seat frame, seat springs, door hinges, door latches and handles, visor, running boards,running board aprons, and headlights, just to name a few. The cost of missing parts along with the cost of the wood kits, Upholstery, top material, glass, and restoration of drive train components will far exceed the value of the completed vehicle.

I am also not trying to discourage you, but I hope you thoroughly estimate the cost of doing a restoration with this project before you commit to doing this. ( my experience has shown that whatever dollar amount you come up with for your estimate, double it)

I see how a restoration would cost more than the finished project would be worth.

There is a decent looking 4 door near me that has been looking for a new owner for a long time now...I'd have less money in it and be driving sooner.

Brad1929 is offline   Reply With Quote