Thread: Rear end stand
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 12:30 PM   #9
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Rear end stand

What I am about to say should not influence anyone's decision whether to purchase this one or not, but I have seen restored ones fetch as much as $2,500.00, and the value decreases somewhat depending on condition. I have included a couple of ads on them below, and I have quite a few detailed pictures of them that I have collected over the years off the internet.

For me, there was a time when I really wanted one and just could not find one that I could either afford or obtain easily. I even drew up plans to fabricate one to my specs to use here in the shop, and the bottom line for me is I did not have enough room to store it when we would not be using it. For us, we probably rebuild an average of one rear end assembly per month, so we would not be using it enough to justify the extra time needed in setting it up to use or stowing it away. Based on the pictures Frank posted, it appears that owner encountered the same situation as I.

With all that said, these are extremely rare if all of the pieces are there, and for someone who wants to collect era service tools, or for a club purchase or museum display, I think this would be a great asset to own. Hopefully Frank's unit will be purchased by someone who has the ability to put it back in use again.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg $(KGrHqZ,!noE8YKMVU3PBPKgd8DTQw~~60_12.jpg (42.6 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (51.7 KB, 87 views)

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote