View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 11:53 AM   #29
FL&WVMIKE

Default Re: SWAP Wanted warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCO41 View Post
First of all, this thread was meant to make people aware that this guy had attempted his tactics in more than one instance. I've seen similar warnings, cautions, alerts, (take your pick), on the Barn in the past and considered it a service to the members.
Alan, the word "help" was a paraphrase of your " these listings do serve to drive the market for other legitimate offers". As I said, I don't agree.
Alan, I read Mike's post and his use of the word "crook" was in reference to a gentleman with the same name as the subject of this thread. He in no way, called a salesman a crook. Talk about putting words into someone's mouth!
Charlie Stephens: The quote I got from a legitimate vender was $20 and that's what I offered when asked "what are you willing to pay". That was the end of our communication.
All in all, for those who took offense to this thread, tough! I had no intention of discussing the salesman's vocation and although I may have misinterpreted some verbage I haven't changed my mind as to its intent.
I will not make this same kind of mistake again!
Thanks to those who offered to help with the mission that started this. I'll be in touch.
Howard
HCO41 (Howard) ................
Thank you very much ! I'm glad that you saw it my way !
MIKE (mikeburch)
FL&WVMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote