View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #20
DougVieyra

Default Re: How Many Model A's are left ?

When I was a 'youngster' (oh, those were the dayzzz . . . ) the figure I most often heard was 'about a quarter of a million - 250,000. But I have since learned that that figure was/is a bit like that elusive Duesenberg that someone heard for someone, who has it on good 'authority' that a he once heard of a guy that had his ex-brother-in-law tell him that he saw a Duesenberg, covered with dust, sitting in a single-car garage, which had it's owner dead for low these many years - the car is out there 'somewhere'. But in fact, we just can't seem to find it.

After being in the 'hobby' for over 50 years now, and 'bumping elbows' with a great many Model A owners (and their cars, and their parts), I have since come to very seriously doubt that a quarter of a million Ford Model A's exist. At best, I believe that if we were to double my base number (85,000) to take into account all the 'nooks and crannies' of the existing Model A Stock, at 170,000, we would still fall short of having a quarter of a million Model A's.
DougVieyra is offline   Reply With Quote