View Single Post
Old 04-21-2022, 07:03 AM   #39
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Who makes the best model A woody kits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd3131 View Post
Brent,
I am planning on making a custom bodied pickup that uses as much of the original style wood. I have been looking at finger joint knives also with shaping knives for the upper mouldings and door mouldings. Would you be interested in selling milled lengths? It would be more cost effective not to mention safer if I bought the lengths.

Thanks

I am sorry to hear about the fire, I am sure they will be back better.
Sure, we can work something out. Contact me thru an e-mail and we'll discuss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmodelt View Post
Brent, what about all the castings/brackets/etc that go with the bodies? If you are just replacing the wood, that is one thing, but building one from the ground up, all those casting/brackets would be needed. I redid one that someone started and really screwed up, along with some of the casting/brackets were missing. Was able to get some of the last ones Pleasantville MFG had to replace them. Got lucky on that.
Mark, I think the days of building complete bodies (new wood & irons) is over. The labor costs to produce a new reproduction body in today's market makes the selling price unrealistic to the average consumer. I think the market for accurate replacement wood for an original body is very limited but needed. My view is many older restorations of the 150A/B were done reusing original wood which has further deteriorated and will need to be replaced at some point.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote