View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #131
Marshall57

Default Re: Who Can Diagnose THIS Total Mystery? Win A Prize?

Having said that you have had help from club members, I would use that help a little more and borrow known working parts to help eliminate problems until I could zero in on the culprit.

I would go about this a little differently, first I would bypass the whole fuel system, by that I mean that I would find or make a two or three gallon fuel tank and pipe it directly to the carburetor. This would get you away from any problems from the tank, filter system, cutoff valve, bad cap, stuff in the tank or any other fuel related problem.
If this didn’t do the trick I would reconnect the fuel system and trade out the distributor with a known good one a club member is using on a properly running car.

Next I would go to the carburetor and borrow one that is known to be good. If all these don’t find the problem I would change out the ignition switch with a simple one that is known to be problem free.

Next I would go to the dash and remove it and look to see if the amp meter is shorting out against the firewall, and trade it out for one that is known to be working correctly.
And last I would start looking at the valves, checking for clearance.

If you play your cards right you will either find the problem or have a new car within a few days!!
Marshall57 is offline   Reply With Quote