View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 06:23 PM   #5
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Source for Powder Coating near Atlanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Carne View Post
Hi Brent -

The last set that I had powder coated (Performance Coatings in Jonesboro, GA) was at $65/wheel with them supplying the powder (black at that time for my Town Sedan). This time however, when I checked on pricing, their quote was at $100/wheel with me supplying the powder (I have Hessian Blue and Tacoma Cream from "Model A Wheel Colors" for a SW fordor and SW Cabriolet) - just wasn't quite prepared for a 50% price increase on these. Potentially this would represent a minimum of 12 wheels, but I also have a Mullins Trailer that I was planning to have a pair of matching wheels done for this one as well - revised total of 14 wheels. Apparently the quote was not affected by the number of wheels to be done. I had also considered possibly doing another 6 wheels for another future roadster project, but not at these prices. I'm thinking that painted wheels may be in my future once these are done?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
$100-$125 per wheel is pretty normal now days.

I agree with Mickey.

Labor costs, production/overhead costs, -and the economy in general are all up over what it was a few years ago. Labor costs in some areas are up as much as 25% on skilled laborers, and all the costs associated with operating a business are up, ...and when a shop is good at what they do and they have all the business they can handle, it is easier for them to quote work at a higher rate. While you said painting may be in your future, labor costs of sanding & painting along with material costs are up too, so powder-painting still may be the most economical way for you to go.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote