View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 10:51 AM   #3
DavidG

Default Re: 35 Ford Cowl Vent Drain Hose

Peter,

I'm pretty sure that it is the same as its '32-'34 predecessors, namely it ends shortly after exiting the firewall (and the water just drains down the face of the firewall).

Often the hose supplied with the firewall grommet kits is either too big in its outside diameter to pass through the hole in the firewall or too small in its inside diameter so that it won't fit over the nipple on the bottom of the cowl vent trough.

The original wasn't even rubber hose, but rather coated fabric conduit like that used on parts of the wiring circuits. You can purchase it at Rhode Island Wiring, if you don't already have some in the right o.d./i.d..

While I am on the soap box, the subject of a cowl vent drain hose reminds me of the nonsense directions that suppliers like Bob Drake and Vintique include with the cowl vent seals that they sell, namely that they should be glued in place. Duh! Why would Ford provide a drain and glue the vent seal in place given that the latter negates the need for the former?
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote