View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 10:49 PM   #1
fredski53

Default Grease gun (compressor)

Ok, here is the deal. I've used a grease gun before, but I don't understand this compressor thing! I bought a used " compressor" (grease gun) to grease the original fittings on my car. Some fittings have been changed to the modern type, some are the original ones. In the Model A Instruction Book, page 15, it tell how to operate the Compressor. The compressor I have only seems to discharge grease when the handle pulled back and then pumped forward. The book says when the compressor is pressed against the fitting, the plunger moves forward, forcing the lube in the nozzle directly through the fitting. When the pressure on the handle is released, grasp the barrel of the compressor with one hand and draw back the handle with the other hand, so as to load the compressor and make it ready to deliver a charge of lube with the next forward thrust.
Now, just what are you "thrusting forward". The barrel of the compressor or the handle?! It seems to me, you just hold the compressor firmly against the fitting, and pump the handle in and out forcing the lube into the fitting! Am I overthinking this?
fredski53 is offline   Reply With Quote