View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 03:35 PM   #1
kelly.ga

Question Oil pan removal 47

Hey guys, I haven't been on the forum for some time. Wife was very sick and passed away last April. Now I am trying to stay busy working on my 47 coupe. A couple of weeks ago I checked the oil and it was way over full. I am thinking maybe sludge in the oil pan so I have taken 14 bolts out of the pan but haven't broken the seal yet. I put my fingers up in the oil drain hole as far as I could and there is some stuff in there, don't know if it's enough to make the oil read over full. But anyway, i was wondering before I break the seal on the pan, is there anything that maybe I could pour down the dip stick tube and kinda flush the pan out. If not, do I have to remove the starter to remove the pan. Also, do I have to remove the big transmission bolts to get the pan out. One last thing, I got the tube going to the filter loose, but what about the dip stick tube, can I just wiggle it out or try to bring it down if I have to remove the pan. Thanks in advance. I know some of you have been down this road before. KELLY
kelly.ga is offline   Reply With Quote