Thread: Engine stand
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 07:04 AM   #16
Bored&Stroked

Default Re: Engine stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooder View Post
Dale,
That there engine was indeed a "high end build" Navarro high dome head/piston combination, Big valves, Big crank, extensive port work, you get the idea. Absolutely no wrenching turning it over with it on that stand. He bolted it on the stand, went indoors for something, came back out, engine on the floor with the bolt holes in the bell pulled out and still bolted to the stand.
Damn thing had only been hung on the stand for a short time. As I said, no wrenching on it whilst hung, except pulling the pan.'
Martin
Man - talk about walking out and not believing what you're seeing when you come back. I'm sure all sorts of strange thoughts went through his head. I've been using side-mount adapters for a long time (especially once I start to put an engine together).

I will sometimes hang a bare block on the other type stand - especially during porting operations as I need to be able to turn it all those funny angles. Once I start to put it together (when all the weight gets added), then I only use the side-mount adapters.

Also, the side-mount adapters make it really easy to setup the flywheel, clutch and even test the transmission fitment. I just flip it up and make sure all that crap works as planned.
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote