View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 06:00 PM   #29
30 Closed Cab PU

Default Re: coker tire has sold out-mentioned on AACA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro909 View Post
That's a pretty accurate account of what has happened. It came about because some of our bricks and mortar retailers cried foul over no tax being charged on imports under $A1,000. That, they said is costing them sales so they got into the Government's ear and had things changed so that there is now no threshold. I very much doubt they ever even thought O/S suppliers might refuse to supply Australia. Another poorly considered Government decision!
On a similar and not unrelated issue, Amazon recently opened an Australian site and barred us from the US one. I suspect the change we have been talikng about was the reason. Well, Amazon has decided to allow us access to the US site again. I don't know whether they shut down the local site and I don't care because I will EVER shop Amazon again. I bought an item there a while ago and without my knowledge or consent, signed me up for Amazon Prime (or is it Amazon Premium?) and sarted taking money out of my bank account. I find that totally unacceptable and it has left me wary about buying on line from a foreign organisation.

I do not know if true but have been told by others where I worked you have to be very careful on Amazon. When verifying offered free fast shipping you may miss the details that you are also signing up for Prime. If you do not use Prime you can still get free shipping, but not as fast.
30 Closed Cab PU is offline   Reply With Quote