View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 07:22 PM   #1
Fleetwood

Default Master Cylinder & Left Hand Parking Brake on Early 28

Hello Folks,
I'm new to the board and to the model A world. I just bought an early 28 Toudor that has been fabricated to hydraulic brakes in the distant past. The brakes work fine but the install is not to my standards so I'm going to replace some components. The master cylinder is the single reservoir type; all the conversion kits that are on the market also have single reservoir masters. Is there a reason why a dual reservoir master cylinder is not being used for this application? I want to this car to be safe and a dual would give me peace of mind. Also, this car is an early 28; the parking brake is on the left kick panel. The hydraulic brakes have backing plates that are non compatible with the stock park brake operation so this car has been driven a long time with out a parking/emergency brake. I'd like to get this the brake lever to do it's job from this original location. Has anybody seen a solution to this condition. I have some ideas on some solutions but would like to hear about the one that is currently working.

Cheers,
Fleetwood
Fleetwood is offline   Reply With Quote