View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 01:07 AM   #20
Old Henry

Default Re: Can't remove fly wheel without removing engine? 59A

colin and bobH, thanks so much for all of your time you took to educate me on this new territory I'm venturing into. Just one question:

How do I "scuff" the flywheel?

How does one "match" the disc to the pressure plate?

How do I "clean up" the flywheel?

Don't know whether VanPelt is sending me a black, dark-grey, or tan-grey disc with asbestos. Hope it's a good one. I've got to get this car back on the road so probably won't wait to find an NOS one. Here's one on ebay that looks grey: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-flathea...942a95&vxp=mtr What do you think of it? Also, I will just be doing the best I can with the new disc and pressure plate, hopefully finding someone locally who will "match" them. Won't be removing the pan to take the fly wheel off for any resurfacing which was just done last June. It doesn't have all of those dark spots like the pressure plate does. May end up with chatter again but I learned how to deal with that so not too big of deal. Would just be nice to get rid of it if less than the optimum approach can do it.

Thanks again for all of your information. It was all new to me.

Last edited by Old Henry; 04-03-2014 at 01:31 AM.
Old Henry is offline   Reply With Quote