Thread: Barrett-Jackson
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 10:33 AM   #15
JRN1967

Default Re: Barrett-Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30 Closed Cab PU View Post
I am amazed at the quantity and the quality of the cars. The show currently running said the auction was for either 500 or 700 cars, I forget which # is correct. And this is only one auction. It seems strange to me that over the past few years there is a large enough market for this quantity of hugely expensive cars that either are not used, or trailer queens, or only used for leisure. And the builders keep adding to the quantity. Makes me wonder if there will be a huge crash in this market. Probably at the next major economic downturn.
Same as you, I often wonder how much longer this will continue? One of my older brothers is a Baby Boomer and he refers to his muscle cars as 401K's. I disagree, because I think there will be a void when Baby Boomers get a few more years older. Younger generations grew up driving foreign cars in their teen age years. They don't look at older cars the same way we do.

That's why I like my Model A driver. For under 10K I'm out there having fun, and if the bottom drops out of the market. I won't really care, because I own it cause I love it. Not because of some profit I might get out of it.

John
JRN1967 is offline   Reply With Quote