View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 06:15 PM   #34
KMeredith87

Default Re: What’s the future of (T’s) and (A’s)

I'm 27 and drive my '30 CCPU restored original all over the place. The looks I get when people see me getting out of it or walking up to it tend to be rather amusing to me as they all look surprised to see me driving it and then proceed to ask if it is really mine. However, as much as my friends and acquaintances enjoy looking at and even riding in my truck they all say the same thing...you have way more patience than I do. It seems my generation are too engrossed in speed, both in the speed of the vehicle and the speed in which in can be completed. There are so many little details and differences in the A's that they also seem to be overwhelmed. Now also something that I am learning is that there tends to be almost a cult following of the model A and if you do not do things exactly as is expected or liked in the community you tend to be a talking to and told what you did wrong. This doesn't bother me much as I'm also learning for everyone of those type there are probably two more who will tell you hey it's your car do what you want with it! But that can definitely be a deterrent for someone new to the hobby. I however thoroughly enjoy it and love the wealth of knowledge out there supplied by many on this site. Many of you have created fantastic websites preserving your knowledge and that is something that I believe will be crucial to the future of this hobby as the older generations leave us so does there knowledge and experience which is necessary to keeping the As alive. Just my two cents...
KMeredith87 is offline   Reply With Quote