View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 01:57 PM   #29
nickair

Default Re: What’s the future of (T’s) and (A’s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart78 View Post
I would say the only way this is a affordable hobby. Is if someone has the money to buy one done. Or of they have the know how to do the work themselves. I don't think many can afford to have someone restore one for them.
I concur with this 100%. Working on the classics is part of the hobby/ownership fun. It is also needed to understand the vehicle well.

Personally I appreciate learning from guys like Purdy Swoft, Tom Wessenberg, Ray Horton 700RPM, Brent in 10-uh-C, CarlG in AK among all the others. Then applying the knowledge to the A. This is part of the gratification of the hobby. There is an amazing amount of knowledge on the fordbarn. Les Andrews was my hero for putting it all together for us. Fordbarn is the best resource I have seen.

I could not imagine owning a T or an A if I did not work on them myself. It would be too expensive. Of course there's things I don't do myself and leave to an expert such as re-coring a radiator, etc.

Seems any classic, with all work done by a shop, will put it upside down $ in short order.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
L.D.

I have 40 horses in the garage.
Only feed them when I want to take them out.

31 Model A Tudor 55B

Nick

Last edited by nickair; 09-01-2014 at 05:56 PM.
nickair is offline   Reply With Quote